British Discipline Forum Index British Discipline
M/M corporal punishment Discussion Board of www.british-discipline.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to get good cane marks
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Discipline Forum Index -> General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which leaves the deepest darkest longest lasting marks:
A. thick rigid cane on bare buttocks standing up?
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
B. thick rigid cane on clothing bent over?
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
C. thick rigid cane on bare buttocks lying face down?
42%
 42%  [ 3 ]
D. As for A but with thin whippy cane?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
E. As for B but with thin whippy cane?
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
F. As for C but with thin whippy cane?
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
G. A different combination (state which).
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

chris_602b

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 3:28 pm    Post subject: How to get good cane marks Reply with quote

What is the best way to get good, deep, dark, evenly spaced, tramline cane marks across both sides of the backside? Almost every beating at school left beautiful mauve/black ridged weals that you could feel with your fingertips, so distinct that in the school showers or changingroom or when in brief swimming trunks other boys could see at a glance how many strokes of the cane you had received, especially when it was an experienced house-master or headmaster who had administered the punishment -- some of the monitors, or 'prefects', senior boys authorised to administer corporal punishment, were not so accurate and you got overlapping stripes which were extra painful at the time and looked messy on the buttocks. The best and most experienced caners would sometimes lay on the famous "5-bar gate" -- five well spaced parallell stripes and the 6th one diagonally across them. These weals lasted for at least two weeks and sometimes longer, starting almost black, and fading gradually to dark blue, then lighter blue, red, pink and finally yellow/brown.

But I have hardly ever been so clearly and neatly marked by even the most severe caning in adult life and I wonder what is the best way to get those kind of marks again now:

1. a thin whippy cane or

2. a thick almost rigid one? Short or long?

3. Caned on bare skin or

4. over underwear or even shorts or trousers and underwear (like when caned at school)?

And what is the best position for deep long lasting marks:

5. Standing up (perhaps with arms above ones head and wrist-cuffs clipped to an overhead beam or the arms of a St Andrews cross) and if so with legs apart or together?

6. Lying flat on ones front perhaps with hands and feet stretched out and fastened?

7. Kneeling on allfours or over a whipping-frame with thighs at right angles to the body, buttocks presented to the cane, wrists and ankles strapped to the frame and a broad strap fastened across the waist?

8. Bent over and grasping ones ankles, like at school?

9. Bent over a padded whipping horse or chair, either not restrained or else with wrist cuffs and ankle cuffs clipped to D-rings at the base of the front and rear legs?

Also, lastly,

10. Do you get better clearer marks if caned after being "warmed up" first (eg with paddle, flogger, or heavy hand-spanking)? Or if the beating is just with the cane and no warm up, like at school?

PS Perhaps the problem is that with adult consensual CP you receive many more strokes at each session (I have sometimes had between 72 and 100 strokes in a single session) so all the weals merge? For really good marks do you have to have a maximum of six strokes, rather a difficult choice if so, if like me you're turned on almost as much by seeing the weals afterwards as you are by the actual "punishment"!

chris Very Happy
barry65

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quality of cane is most important. Has to be flexible. If you can find one, the best is a 3 foot, straight with handle, by 3/8" diameter dragon cane. (any BD staff wish to comment?). Position should present the buttocks spread but relaxed. No warm up. Most important of all is the skill of the caner. Suggest you have a look at some of BDs CDs. Finally, as a mature entusiast, skin is more leathery than when young and will not mark in the way you recall from your past. Sorry can't find the best option to vote for. All the best. Barry
Master_Petruchio

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good caner will make the mark even across both buttocks. To get this the tip of the cane should touch the skin first and the point of contact will then move across the buttoks towards the caner. This way the energy in the cane is reflected from the tip towards the caner and the cane will leave an even mark across both buttocks. If the first contact is at a distance from the tip the energy between that point and the tip is trapped and you get the "wrap round" effect where the tip digs in to the buttock causing a bruise. I often see this in photos and it makes me cringe. It is made worse when the caner stands too close to his subject.
Master_Petruchio

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A PM after the above post puts another thought in my mind. For accuracy don't wave your whole arm about. I have heard it said that some caners put a book under their upper arm. The forearm and the wrist are capable of getting the rod moving quite fast enough, especially if you have a lady in front of you. This will give you a much better chance of placing the stroke exactly where you want it to go. I live in North East Hampshire.
global2001

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do the marks differ depending on how tightly bent over you are and/or how far apart the legs are spread? Also, does clothing really make much difference? Is it more about the length & thickness of the cane and the strength of each stroke, rather than the position of the lad being caned?
strappleather

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 9:29 am    Post subject: How to get good cane marks Reply with quote

If the goal is a good set of clearly defined stripes: no warm up and six to a dozen strokes with a dragon cane, which will be hard, whippy and smooth, applied with a relaxed hold, so that none of that precious energy is absorbed by the caner's arm, should do the trick
strappleather

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 8:18 am    Post subject: How to get good cane marks Reply with quote

if the caner is tall it is helpful if the guy receiving is over a bench or on a platform (like in The Real Thing) so that his arse is raised up and the cane falls naturally parallel with the ground
Ricky

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite simply the cane must be applied to the bare buttocks at full strength, without any warm up.
Target6

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree - strength is key. This shouldn't be an issue as the punishment cane should be laid on hard. It also helps if you haven't been beaten for a couple of months, giving the flesh time to recover and soften.

For positioning, I find it's better if the bum is not too tight. I am sometimes caned face down on a gym leg crunch machine - this allows maximum clenching of the buttocks as the cane strikes. Apparently seeing the weights rise is a real turn-on for the punisher!

Thin clothing doesn't make much difference. I love a caning on gym shorts or tight silk boxers. The cane brings up superb twin-ridged weals right across both cheeks, hot and hard-edged, and leaves me really horny for two to three days. The dragon cane gives the best results, especially when soaked first.
spanking81

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the above saying that there must be absolutely no warm up with the cane applied at full force. This can be done with a relatively small number of strokes (12-18, perhaps up to 24), so the buttocks don't become one bruised mess, and makes it more like punishments in real life.

Laying down flat gives a different kind of pain, and cuts into the flesh more, whereas having the buttocks tightly bent would give more bruising.
JonAndy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some excellent replies here. Fully agree with:-

No warm up before hand

12 - 18 -and possibly 24 strokes depending on skill of the top, all full force

Bending over a bench, so that the skin is slightly under tension

If possible, a good period between your sessions, so that you fully recover between them. Had a great session last year after a two year gap. WOW

JA
Thrasher

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good marks = superficial wounds, wounds of the skin and surface tissues, and a lot of pain.

Good marks are best produced by the high-speed impact of a relatively thin, flexible cane. The cane needs to bend a little to match the curve of the cheeks to produce uniform welts of good length. However, if the cane is too flexible, there is risk of wrap around, and excessive wounding where the tip lands.

The mature buttocks are likely to be substantially larger than those of olden day boys of caneable age. This means than cane needs to be heavier = denser than olden day school canes to have the same effect. The only practical way of increasing cane weight is to soak it in water before use. The weight increase needs to be monitored by weighing the cane before and after soaking. Even a modest increase in weight (20%) can have a big effect on stinging and wounding power once a threshold is reached.

Accuracy of targeting is a mixture of innate skill and lots practice. Even with accurate targeting, there is scarcely room for more that about a half dozen parallel welts.

Blood thinning medications, and those containing aspirin or similar, may markedly and even dangerously increase bruising, internal bleeding and hence welting. Those on such medications need to be very cautious.

Those who find they do not mark adequately could try taking half an aspirin tablet an hour or so before a limited session to see if it has the desired effect. Do not commit to a severe caning without first experimenting with a minor one, and seeing how long it takes to heal.

I suspect some will be greatly surprised when they are caned in a manner that welts like in the old days. It will hurt more like it did in the old days and the pain will persist for longer.
snikcnej

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The original poster asked 'What is the best way to get good, deep, dark, evenly spaced, tramline cane marks across both sides of the backside?' Well, I have never had any really nasty bruises from consensual cp. My limited stoicism together with my desire not to have too long lasting bruises has thankfully kept me free from excessive injury, but there have been occasions when I have managed to aquire a few pretty little pink tramlines. My most recent cp session, in January this year, would be an example of that and with Chris's help I include below a couple of pictures taken on that occasion. I dont for a moment suggest that these pictures are at all extreme for consensual cp, I expect that there are people on this forum who take much more severe punishments, but for me this was a satisfying level of punishment and is also about the most that I would be willing to take considering that I have to live with the soreness the next day. Although I find the marks all part of the fun at the time of a cp session, once the session is over and my masochistic desire has been sated (at least for the time being), any remaining marks and soreness are just a nuisance to me and the sooner they fade away the better.

Since people have complained that this forum has been quiet recently, let me tell you a bit more about this particular cp session. I was in a nicely masochistic mood, so during our preliminary chat I told the master that I was keen to try to take my first six from the cane without first being 'warmed up' by handspanking or lighter punishment with implements. This idea certainly met with approval from the master. That master has a genuine sadistic streak, but he does understand about 'limits'. He enjoys inflicting pain and likes to see reactions to the pain, and I suspect that he probably won't be fooled by 'playacting' reactions that the victim may hope will mitigate the severty of subsequent strokes! As others have said in this thread, if cane marks appeal to you then it is definitely best to start the caning without a preliminary 'warm up'. Even light marks show up nicely on unblemished skin and I can well imgine that it is a treat for a sadistic master if he can see the cane actually biting into the white skin and the bruises developing. From the point of view of the recipient there is the satisfaction, for want of a better word, of experiencing the excruitiating bite of a cane on fresh and fully sensitive skin - the way it was done as a school punishment but with the added advantage of having no protection from clothing.

I followed the master into the bedroom that he uses for cp sessions. I had been in this room on one previous rather painful occasion, so I had some familiarity with the array of cp implements set out on a side table, the desk topped with a comfy cushion (how nice of him to consider my comfort). He had also set up a video camera and had even placed a mirror so that I could see myself bending over and another mirror so that my facial expressions as well as my rear end view could be recorded by the camera! The master selected a nice light rattan cane, and asked what I thought of it. I agreed with his selection, knowing that I am not all that stoical and I prefer to have my limits stretched by firm flicks of a light cane rather than by softer strokes of a heavier one. A light cane will probably be more flexible, so it will curl nicely round the buttocks. From the point of view of marks, a whippy cane will produce longer tramlines whereas a stiffer cane will tend to just bruise the middles of each cheek. I can well imagine that vicious use of a thick heavy 'judicial' type cane would cause deep bruising and severe skin damage, but that is not the kind of injury that I would want to receive. I think that a cane of normal school thickness and weight, or possibly a little thinner and lighter, is what is needed to produce those pretty pink welts that some of us like to admire in a mirror at the end of a session. Well aimed firm flicks of such a cane will be quite enough to have me gasping in agony, hardened offenders may perhaps need a bit more. I am not an angler, but I have read that many anglers like to use the most delicate fishing tackle to catch the fish - that way the fish cannot just be hauled onto the bank, but has to be 'fought', perhaps there is a paralel with cp.

Once we had agreed on a cane to use, I undressed as quickly as I could since I was genuinely keen to get started, then I settled myself over the desk as in the first picture. At this point I had made up my mind that I was going to keep still and quiet for at least the first three strokes.

He kept me waiting a few moments, during which I enjoyed that feeling of eager anticipation mixed with scary anxiety. Then I was aware that the master was now standing beside me, cane in hand and he was adjusting his stance, so I held my buttocks up for him then kept still for him to aim - I do like to be helpful if I can. Then the first stroke hit me. I find that between cp sessions I tend to forget how much the cane hurts, so the first stroke is always a shock, but I did manage to keep still and quiet, as I had decided I would do. However, the master was not content with that and he aimed the next stroke higher accross my gluteus muscels where I find it seems to hurt even more, perhaps because there is less soft flesh to absorb the impact. Then he brought the third stroke down also high up and in quite quick succession so that the pain came while I was still struggling to cope with the effect of the second stroke. At that point my resolve to keep still and quiet evaporated, I flinched and let out my first cry of pain. Mercifully he did then lay on the remaining three at a more sedate pace, but even so each of those drew a reaction from me. I thanked him as I got up from the bench, and I did actually mean it. I then sank back into a comfy chair and we chatted for a few minutes, then I told him that I was keen to try another six. We took the second picture at the end of that six, so there should be 12 tramlines there, but some may have overlapped.

In the second picture, the lower two tramlines look better than the others but from my memory of the caning the most painful strokes and the best tramlines, as viewed in a mirror at the time, were actually those higher on my buttocks. This is relevant to the original post since the extent to which cane marks show up in a photograph may well depend quite a lot on the camera angle, the lighting conditions and probably these days on any digital processing of the photos. Looking closely at the photo there are a couple of darker marks on my right cheek, a few inches above my anus. Perhaps those were the two strokes that the sadistic master used to break my resolve to keep still and quiet! Just below those marks there is an area of skin which seems to have escaped unscathed. After this twelve we had a break for a coffee and chat then before I left he gave me another six. This allowed him to fill in the gaps, but from the photographic point of view, just the twelve strokes looked nicer since individual welts were clearer. So 18 strokes in all. Most of my CP sessions have included more strokes than that but every one of those 18 hurt and overal it was a fun session.
Thrasher

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snikcnej's excellent post deserves a response.

In my opinion, this was a "moderate" caning, appropriate for recreational use and the sort of punishment every "boy" of spirit and gumption should be able to "tolerate".

On the right cheek I note the following marks starting at the top:
  • Two well separated "long" welts very high on the buttock
  • An overlapping cluster of four welts - 2 long, 2 short
  • A cluster of four medium-length welts, two of which almost overlap
  • Two well separated long welts.
The marks on the left cheek differ in how easily they can be paired with those on the right cheeks.

I presume the longer marks resulted from the cane bending on impact and spreading its energy along the line of contact. The shorter more brutal marks might have been due to the cane tip landing short.

Personally, I prefer to target the lower half of the cheeks.
Slipperguy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting post,Snikcnej, and excellent marks. You must have been a very bad boy and I hope you have now learnt your lesson...... Very Happy
Unfortunately so have I...... Twisted Evil
I paid a visit to NWCP recently and was amazed how much a flimsy slipper hurts. It looks like nothing at all and it hurt like hell!
Having a warm-up can be harder than one thinks and leaves you feeling very tender before receiving the cane. The top in question was punishing someone else at first, with a handspanking followed by a slippering across trousers then pants and then bare. So after he'd finished I was feeling suitably masochistic and asked him to give me some of the same....Foolish boy! The bruises left by the slipper have gone now
However my woes weren't over as before the end of the evening he felt my behaviour was below standard and proceeded to give me 6 strokes of the cane. After the slippering it really hurt!
And then two of us got 12 strokes of the tawse........
It was a wet cold evening but I was very warm when I left
If Sir is reading this - don't think he's a member - I enjoyed meeting you and I'm going to behave in future.......NOT!!! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Discipline Forum Index -> General Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: