British Discipline Forum Index British Discipline
M/M corporal punishment Discussion Board of www.british-discipline.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Great British "Caning" Films

Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Discipline Forum Index -> General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
simoturner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:49 pm    Post subject: Great British "Caning" Films Reply with quote

Saturday 14th February 2009 Film 4 (freeview 300) 7:25 pm

Channel 4's classic growing up movie P'Tang Yang Kipperbang is on again

Features young Duckworth (14 yo lad) getting the cane off the excentic Head Master after being late it's only 3 strokes but quite realistic just a shame there is a daft change of cane.

Channel 4 also informed me that their teleplay "Made In Britain" about a comprehensive with three excellent and realistic slipperings
was originally shown 02/05/1985 and was licenced for that one showing
it's now 24 years later where has the telecinie gone who own's it?

The short Oscar wiining film The Dollar Bottom (about the Dollar School in Scotland and specifically caning's and an insurance weeze) was only shown once on BBC 2 in 1980 it has never been repeated or shown elsewhere and Channel 4 have not purchased the rights!! Why and where is this 30 minute dream gone?

The B&W classic Spare The Rod with Max Bigraves (about school CP but all the canings are sadly on the hands) is also out of licence who owns this one??

The Guinea Pig (B&W) has been on Ch4 (Richard Attenborough 2 canings)

Melody (SWALK) has been on ITV Central 1981 (best school slipperings ever Onshaw and Lattimer Jack Wild & Mark Licester have to report to Mr Dix their form teacher and "Julius Ceaser" the old grubby white and worn gym shoe is presented and used)

The French Mistress (B&W) has been out on video James Robertson Justice (Bow-Wow) gives one hard stroke of the cane (more's the pitty)

No need to mention If (should have seen all 3 get whacked, and imho it should have been the slipper and they should have reported to the gym in pe kit). The HM could have caned Mick Travis in another scene Wallace, Travis and Nightly being confronted by Roundtree in his study is quite masterful, the other prefects with canes is just odd.

Likewise Another Country (just out as a free DVD with a paper) great caning of Guy (Rupert Everett) IMHO shame we didn't see James get caned too or the really nice lads at the begining).

Loneliness Of The Long Distance Runner (B&W) has the mention but nothing shown or given and it's the public school boys in the changing room that mention smoking and the cane!

Dead Poets Society recently on BBC 2 great Paddling scene the sound is really a bit ott and IMHO not enough strokes

This England DVD and on TV great CP reference shave we did not see the fit lad get the caning the sound is really realistic

Kes great CP just a real real pity and shame it's on the hands and not on the backsides, so IMHO not really a turn on just looks extremely pointless and barbaric, how could lads hold a pen and write after that + Casper should have had the slipper on or off the Football Pitch, "Aye Th' Casper Dap for you my lad, get thy arse over lad"

There are some great CP clips and stuff on You Tube + great USA fly on wall show "The Principal's Office" real paddlings great fit American Lads what more can I say.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Fairbutfirm

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Add to that the excellent caning in "Flirting" - in Oz - where a lad gets six of the best in his pyjamas from his "kind" housemaster!
wayner2008

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Great British "Caning" Films Reply with quote

simoturner wrote:
Channel 4 also informed me that their teleplay "Made In Britain" about a comprehensive with three excellent and realistic slipperings was originally shown 02/05/1985 and was licenced for that one showing it's now 24 years later where has the telecinie gone who own's it?

This film seems impossible to find, yet, there are clips and captures from it all over the internet. So...there must be a copy available somewhere. The question is: "Where?"
terry66

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:16 am    Post subject: Re: Great British "Caning" Films Reply with quote

wayner2008 wrote:
simoturner wrote:
Channel 4 also informed me that their teleplay "Made In Britain" about a comprehensive with three excellent and realistic slipperings was originally shown 02/05/1985 and was licenced for that one showing it's now 24 years later where has the telecinie gone who own's it?

This film seems impossible to find, yet, there are clips and captures from it all over the internet. So...there must be a copy available somewhere. The question is: "Where?"

Its called "birth of a nation" its impossible to find it I have been looking for it for years a couple of the slippering scenes are availaible on 401 blows part 2. if anyone knows where to purchase this film, please let me know.
Chris-Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Birth-Nation-DVD-Lillian-Gish/dp/B00004UF0A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1235140216&sr=8-1
terry66

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris-Admin wrote:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Birth-Nation-DVD-Lillian-Gish/dp/B00004UF0A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1235140216&sr=8-1

Not the same one this Chris the play that was referred to was a bbc play in the 1980s set in a comprehensive school that had a head,/deputy who were keen on slippering.
there were 3 scenes of cp one young lad is coerced into accepting a slippering rather than a letter being sent home to his parents, the spanking is so soft it could hardly have tickled.
in a later scene another young lad has forgot his pe kit he receives 2 hard whacks over his shorts in front of his classmates.
In the third one a bully had been sent to see one the deputy heads he goes and sees the older teacher who had tapped the young lad in the first cp scene, when he refuses to bend over 3 or 4 other teachers are called to assist, it is then discovered he was sent to see the younger more robust deputy. he is asked to do the honours but when the lad still refuses to bend over he is held down rather brutally by 4 teachers and given 6 of the best.
In a later scene this lad makes up a chemical solution and throws it over the old deputy causing serious burns.
I dont think it has ever been released on video/dvd but if anyone knows of it please let me know.
simoturner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes that's the one but it was on Channel 4 not the BBC!!! (Channel 4 have confirmed this!) Birth Of A Nation (I got confused with the slightly similar topic-ish but now repeated Ch4 teleplay "Made In England" which has a heard but not seen caning or slippering at the begining, from my part I hope it was the slipper).

It was BBC 2 that showed the award wining 30 minute short film (distributed by "If" fame Paramount) "The Dollar Bottom" once only, late night circa 1980 It had amazing caning scenes as behest it's whole theme. The film has just vanished as if it's been lost for almost 30 years now, so its is extremely hard to recall the scenes and or actors, I had a rental VHS machine and why I didn't whack (oops slip of the tongue :P ) a tape in I don't know, It would have kept me entertained for 30 years and could have made copies available! Shame the internet was a decade away!! The 16mm or 35mm film must be rusting away in a can in some archive or deep underground shelter somewhere or maybe even in a garden shed.

When I was a student at Tech we had a film club and could rent films from Warner Bros Distribution and we rented 16mm prints of "IF" and "A Clockwork Orange" regularly! I wish I had still been a student when "The Dollar Bottom" had been released!

Attenborough's "The Guena Pig" is on Film 4 again has two very tame caning scenes, but the great line "Will you take a beating from me or see the Headmaster? I'll take a beating Sir"

I wish there had been a slippering or caning scene in "To Sir With Love"
esp in the gym!!

I still wish "Kes" and "Spare The Rod" had had the caning scenes on the backside and not hands, hands sadly IMHO just do not cut the mustard at all.

"Please Sir" (the film) also gets showings on Film 4 there is that very tame but very "enjoyable" one stroke carpet slipper scene from Mr Hedges on the cheeky-spiv lad's pj clad bottom, it's a token stroke but we all know the various conitations implied :P

There must be loads more films and teleplays with CP in them that have fallen by the wayside or forgotten.

The Taggart story about the pvt school with a room and initations (been repeated a number of times now) is quite good it's just a great shame that the caning scene is so badly acted and the cane is like a rigid thick walking stick and not flexi or plyable, and the HM is not doing for real with his wooden acting "Assume The Position" :P

There was a Juliet Bravo (BBC 1) story about a wayward lad and there is a scene where the rotund and humourous Sgt talks to the lad (14- 15) and the Lad says that his dad will slipper him when he gets home (great scene) is the tape in the BBC archive?

There was once a Nationwide (BBC 1) strand about Eton and it's "system" and the reporter talks to two pupils who are sitting on a bench in the grounds discussing CP and they both (14- 15) explained they were for a beating that evening" is that tape in the archive too? :D These things have to be found and investigated.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BONNY

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is probably lots of good stuff in the BBC archives which will never come out because they are considered "inappropriate" in this day and age. It's a pity they are not in the Channel 4 archives because C4 doesn't seem to have such inhibitions. Most of the cp stuff comes from them these days. ITV did do a remake of Tom Brown's Schooldays only about three or four years ago for Christmas showing and it had two caning scenes on the bot and one on the hand in it.
Slipperstinger

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somebody had The Dollar Bottom somewhere as clips appeared on the old 'Dr Ridding's Study' website in the late 90's - anyone know what happened to that?
mastergoody

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kjbkjb

Last edited by mastergoody on Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:56 am; edited 1 time in total
simonp

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For all these clips get 401 Blows. Google 401 blows and renee broussard-the guy who put it together
mastergoody

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jkhkjhgkjh

Last edited by mastergoody on Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:48 am; edited 1 time in total
simonp

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitly in there-2 lads seen from across a gym-prefect caning senior boy-only seen from the front at a distance but OK. 401 blows is fine and a must have for all these clips mentioned previously (they're just about all there) but there is loads of tedious stuff in between that you don't want. Only available on video as far as I'm aware-no digital version to remove all the dross
Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Discipline Forum Index -> General Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: