British Discipline Forum Index British Discipline
M/M corporal punishment Discussion Board of www.british-discipline.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

School shorts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Discipline Forum Index -> General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What age did you stop wearing grey regulation shorts for school
9 -11
15%
 15%  [ 4 ]
11 - 13
53%
 53%  [ 14 ]
13 - leqving
30%
 30%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 26

leatherbum

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I started at Garmmar School in the late 40s the regulaion uniform was black shoes, grey socks, grey shorts, blazer, house tie and school cap. Not to wear the cap was a punishable offence. Mot boys got thier first pair of long trousers in the second form. The school uniform was worn right through the school with even sixth formers having to wear it. The only change allowed was that we were allowed to dispense with the tie if the weather was hot provided that the shirt collar was worn over the blazer collar.
Slipperguy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cap went after the second year I think- silly horrible things! and we were allowed to dispense with the blazer I think in the fourth form.We could wear a sports coat - seem to remember wearing Harris tweed something that continued well into adulthood
The tie - no.We had to wear that whatever.......
grammarschoolboy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:30 am    Post subject: Grey shorts Reply with quote

The specifications for my Grammar School uniform were fairly vague, and the only reason why I continued to wear short trousers, which I presume were grey, until the 4th form, was because I was so slight and small that my mother could not find a pair of long trousers to fit me Sad

Like Dawson, I was also a choir boy - but without the cassock - and like Dawson I was extremely angelic to look at and extremely angelic in my behaviour (at least on Sundays), and like Dawson, I was greatly appreciated by all the old ladies and also by one old tenor in the choir who kept pinching my buttocks Shocked

And that was not a tittering matter Embarassed
Slipperguy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah,the cassock was surplice to requirements,I suppose
........and I do hope someone socked that dirty old man in the jaw Evil or Very Mad ......that's not funny
I think we all looked angelic at that age - I found a picture of myself some time back when I was 10 - absolutely sickening!
I think if Dawson and I had been at the same school we'd have given the games master either apoplexy or cause them to go bald!!
grammarschoolboy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:25 pm    Post subject: Short trousers Reply with quote

I hope I am not the only one to be squirming over your corny surplice remark, Hall. I think you deserve a taste of the size 12 slipper from Dawson and myself for that! Evil or Very Mad

It is alright to wallow in fond recollections of looking angelic when you were 10 years old, but if you were still looking angelic at the age of fifteen or sixteen or 18 or even 21, as I appear to be in some of my photos from those far off days, those recollections become less fond.

I still recall with acute indignation and embarrassment the occasion when, as a newly qualified, young, enthusiastic teacher, I accompanied my class to the local cinema for a special screening of either the Conquest of Everest or the Queen's Coronation, and as I was getting my pupils seated, was told sharply by the usshertte: "Sit down sonny, or I will get ask your teacher to take you out"! Embarassed
Mikado

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Short trousers Reply with quote

grammarschoolboy wrote:
I still recall with acute indignation and embarrassment the occasion when, as a newly qualified, young, enthusiastic teacher, I accompanied my class to the local cinema for a special screening of either the Conquest of Everest or the Queen's Coronation, and as I was getting my pupils seated, was told sharply by the usshertte: "Sit down sonny, or I will get ask your teacher to take you out"! :oops:

This reminds me of the opposite side of that equation which I encountered once. When I was about 17, my A Level History group went on a research trip to London for about 3 days, and I look my camera and took photos of us all. When the photos came back, I showed them to my younger sister. One of my friends was very tall, stockily build and mature-looking. At 17 he looked about 25. My sister saw him in the photo and made some kind of comment about how my teacher looked a bit of a dish!
Slipperguy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Short trousers Reply with quote

grammarschoolboy wrote:
I hope I am not the only one to be squirming over your corny surplice remark, Hall.

That was me,not Hall.......typical Sir,can't even get the name of the miscreant right........
You just can't get the staff these days,can you? Laughing

Quote:
I think you deserve a taste of the size 12 slipper from Dawson and myself for that! Evil or Very Mad

Promises,promises....... Razz
grammarschoolboy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:38 pm    Post subject: Short trousers Reply with quote

Oh s....t! Can I plead old age and senility? - or perhaps Special Needs!!

Actually, I always found it difficult to remember boys' names! "You Boy!" was an easier alternative.

However, on this occasion it WAS Hall's fault. He had distracted me with another message while I was reading your toe-curling quip, Slipperguy, which means I was suffering from stress. Confused

So I think both you AND Hall should be suitably rewarded Laughing
Slipperguy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Short trousers Reply with quote

grammarschoolboy wrote:
Oh s....t! Can I plead old age and senility? - or perhaps Special Needs!!

No. And watch your language.This is a family site

Sir......

Quote:
However, on this occasion it WAS Hall's fault. He had distracted me with another message while I was reading your toe-curling quip, Slipperguy, which means I was suffering from stress. Confused

So I think both you AND Hall should be suitably rewarded Laughing

Suffering from stress? Many on this board know a very good cure for that.......and it works I can assure you! Twisted Evil
leatherbum

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Presumably this is where the word distress comes from - after suitable punishment. Very Happy
BONNY

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The order to diss-dress can sometines cause distress - ezpecially in the headmaster's study!
Slipperguy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can however assure you that a good beating is an excellent stress buster
You can put away the Prozac..... Very Happy
See how good I am - saving the NHS all that money.......
striped

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wore grey school shorts until about 6 months from my 15th Birthday.

I was put back into them for a week as part of a punishment about 3 months later but I cannot remember for what exactly.

There is a school called Dollar Academy in Scotland, and the students there had to wear shorts all the way to the 6th form. I think this was phased out in the early 70s.
grammarschoolboy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:06 pm    Post subject: Short school trousers Reply with quote

I seem to remember my CP master who "trained " me, and who had taugtht in S Africa, telling me that the boys at his school were obliged to ewear short pants/trousers until they reached the 6th form, and in some establishments, even the 6th formers wore shorts trousers.

Was this not also the situation in many Australian schools - at least until fairly recent times?

Not having gone through the experience, I am curious to know how and why being reduced from long trousers to short trousers was in any way an effective punishment, when the removal of the trousers, long or short, for a good dose of CP would be much more effective.
Slipperguy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well,when I changed from short trousers to long trousers, I felt I'd become a big boy - on the way to becoming an adult
So to change from long to short would be humiliating. Much rather be caned to be honest
With regard to Australia, the weather in the summer can be quite a bit warmer than here, and someone I knew who had gone over there told me it was quite common for shorts to be worn - short sleeved shirt, tie and shorts for a well-dressed (but not overdressed) businessman
Even in the winter it's certainly not as cold as it is here
Making small boys wear short trousers during the cold winters of the 1960s was cruel and unusual punishment. Perhaps that's why the slipper was used to such good effect - after all even good boys like me needed to get warm...... Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Discipline Forum Index -> General Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: