British Discipline Forum Index British Discipline
M/M corporal punishment Discussion Board of www.british-discipline.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bare bottom caning

Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Discipline Forum Index -> General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whackathug

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Bare bottom caning Reply with quote

I think we all know that the cane was designed to be effective on the clothed bottom, right.

But getting into the cane a bit more now as I am it seems more ppl like to give/get bare bottom caning than clothed.

So any idea why an impliment designed for clothed seems more popular on the bare? (Like ermm does it not hurt enough already!)

Have to say I like it over my rugby shorts first, then pants before bare. There is a nice contrast btween the thuddy/thwacky feeling through cloth and the stingy/cutty feeling bare and there is the added excitement of gradually risking a bit more as you go!
Frankie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know that one can say the cane was designed to be effective on the clothed bottom, Whacka. But it certainly became popular in schools because it was effective (even) on clothed bottoms, when late Victorian prudery had seized the schoolmasterly mind.

At home, though, I think you'll find canes and birches as well as all sorts of other implements continued to be applied to the unclothed bottom.

The reasons I think were simple enough:

(a) Having a bare bottom indicates clearly a subordinate status (Piers Plowman in the 14th century complains that being "belashed on the bare arse" [I've modernised the spelling] was beneath the dignity of a grown man). So bare bum = boy.

(b) It's much easier for the "top" to do a thorough job (and to avoid overdoing it) if he can see what he's doing.

So I always insist on "boys" bottoms being bare. I seem to remember being told as a kid "It's you I'm punishing, not your jeans; so get them down!"

And I've never understood why the triple process of caning trousers, then pants, finally bare is so popular. To me, it's a bit like trying to eat chocolate first fully wrapped, then with the silver foil, and only finally getting to the real thing: ie wholly unsatisfactory!

But then, not everyone is mad for chocolate.
Peterley

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: Bare bottom caning. Reply with quote

Yes I fully agree with Frankie, the slipper from my father and always over a bare bum.
Being at boarding school, our House Master always used a long thin whippy cane and we boys only permitted to wear thin skimpy gym shorts, no pants. then bent over trestle given standard CP being 6 of the cane, had stripes for about a week.

We were never caned over trousers, Our sports Master used a slipper on our bare wet bum, after we had a shower.
If naughty in the dorms after lights out at 09.30, we had to bend over end of bed with our pyjamas trousers down given 2-3 whacks of the cane on the bare bum.
Duncan-P

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never believed that trousers of underpants did anything to deserve a caning!

I also subscribe to the belief that it's better for a lad on his bare bottom. I know when I used to get the cane that way at home, I hated dropping my trousers and underpants almost more than actually getting the cane, it was humiliating. At least at school, you knew other lads had to do the same thing whereas at home, I was alone.
colin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you maybe were alone but not in spirit

i remember pleading with my dad for one spanking to be give on my underpants and his response was it wasnt your underpants that were naughty it was you and at that he yanked my pants down and hauled me over his knee
spanking81

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my case, nearly all my CP experiences have been on the bare buttocks. I once tried the tawse and cane over suit trousers and briefs underneath, just to see how different it felt, but why make the experience less painful for the sub and pleasurable for the top.

I have long since lost any feeling of shame or embarrassment displaying myself naked. I like to leave it up to the punisher whether the underpants and trousers are lowered, or all clothes are removed. With the latter, I get a strong feeling of subordination and it feels natural to submit to a painful punishment in this state.
Ricky

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a housemaster whose main activity seemed to be caning boys for smoking -it was considered very macho to smoke in those days. He had a pet boy who would creep up behind you, when you were lighting up in a dark corner of the school. The "pet" would then demand 2/6p or you could take the consequences.

On arrival in sirs study one would be lectured. The lecture would end with the dreaded words -" smoking - that is a statutory 8 strokes -however you may have a choice -8 strokes through your trousers or 6 strokes on your bare buttocks. We all were happy to drop our trousers and underpants -such was life.
spanking81

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ricky wrote:
I had a housemaster whose main activity seemed to be caning boys for smoking -it was considered very macho to smoke in those days. He had a pet boy who would creep up behind you, when you were lighting up in a dark corner of the school. The "pet" would then demand 2/6p or you could take the consequences.

On arrival in sirs study one would be lectured. The lecture would end with the dreaded words -" smoking - that is a statutory 8 strokes -however you may have a choice -8 strokes through your trousers or 6 strokes on your bare buttocks. We all were happy to drop our trousers and underpants -such was life.

That's interesting you got a choice. I remember something similar in Roald Dahl, 3 with the dressing gown off, or 4 with it on. They chose the opposite course to you, but I admire that you willingly bared your buttocks to take fewer heavy strokes.

What you described seems almost a reason to start smoking :lol:
shorts1971

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe because I was at school later than some on here, but bare bottom punishment at school was never heard of. The only time I knew of anyone getting punished bare was one lad who got taken home by the police and his dad belted him bare.
Tim Green

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a boy, I remember reading a novel - possibly one of the Hornblower series - in which a parent asks a schoolmaster why he used the birch on boys' (presumably bare) bottoms, as this was the part of their anatomy which was "the most quiescent" (how that phrase has stuck in mind for 50 years!). The parent advocated the cane applied to a wider target - presumably the back and legs as well as the buttocks. This dialogue certainly led me to think that the cane found favour over the birch because it didn't need the target to be bared.
wayner2008

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Several years ago I heard a rumor that Rupert Murdoch was caned at a school assembly when he attended Geelong Grammar in Melbourne. Has anyone one else ever heard this? Frankly, I can't imagine a more deserving individual.
Frankie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim Green writes
Quote:
This dialogue certainly led me to think that the cane found favour over the birch because it didn't need the target to be bared.

And not only Tim. The "Clarendon Report" (1860s) -- (govt inquiry into public schools) -- took evidence from several public school headmasters who stated explicitly that this was why they preferred the cane.

Wayner2008 I think it's highly likely that Murdoch was publicly caned at Geelong. It had a strong tradition of "robust" corporal punishment which lasted into the later decades of last century. I met a lad who was there in the 1970s and who asserted it was "difficult to avoid" being caned across pyjamas. He confirmed public caning was also used for older boys (ie 6th form, I think) and more serious misbehaviour. (The caning scene in the film "Flirting" is said to have been based on practice at Geelong.)

btw Geelong is not in Melbourne, but about 50 miles south-west, on the coast. The grammar school has a second campus, named Timbertop, in the Victorian Alps (sic), where some of the British royal family spent time as schoolboys.
Thrasher

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankie wrote:
The "Clarendon Report" (1860s) -- (govt inquiry into public schools) -- took evidence from several public school headmasters who stated explicitly that this was why they preferred the cane.

Please, can you give a specific reference?

http://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/001065483
Frankie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thrasher: It is tempting to suggest you do as I once had to, and read the report. This was in the days before computers and search engines, when in the interest of research, I sat for several weeks in a library before piles of volumes, wading through Victorian verbiage and making pencilled notes!

However, I have still some of the notes made then, and will offer this small selection (numbers refer to paragraphs in the report) for you to verify yourself:

3728-30 Exchange re merits of cane -v- rod

3926-7 Prefers cane to rod

Perhaps most interesting
3396-7 C.P. Mason: Prefers cane for older boys as "exposure is humiliating"; but uses birch on "little fellows" as less risk of injury. (!!)

This last suggests birch not necessarily the fearsome penalty often assumed, and chimes with the Victorian story of boys returning to the back of the queue for a second dose of the rod, as a tease for their master.

[N.B. "rod" in this text always means birch. "back" means buttocks (a standard mid-Victorian euphemism)]

Thank you for the reference to online text: I may perhaps one day revisit my student work.

Happy hunting!
petercommando

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:07 am    Post subject: Re: Bare bottom caning Reply with quote

Whackathug wrote:
I think we all know that the cane was designed to be effective on the clothed bottom, right.

But getting into the cane a bit more now as I am it seems more ppl like to give/get bare bottom caning than clothed.

So any idea why an impliment designed for clothed seems more popular on the bare? (Like ermm does it not hurt enough already!)

Have to say I like it over my rugby shorts first, then pants before bare. There is a nice contrast btween the thuddy/thwacky feeling through cloth and the stingy/cutty feeling bare and there is the added excitement of gradually risking a bit more as you go!

If any of the 'boys' who report to me for caning, were to be found wearing underpants under their rugby shorts, this would automatically earn them three additional 'cuts' with the cane!
This was a strictly enforced rule at my school!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Discipline Forum Index -> General Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: