British Discipline Forum Index British Discipline
M/M corporal punishment Discussion Board of www.british-discipline.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tawse/Cane on hands
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Discipline Forum Index -> General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
malesub25

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have heard stories of lads being caned or strapped on their hands and then given written exercises as further punishment. Very unpleasant I would imagine, having to write lines whilst the hands are still in great pain.
Strictglasgow

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might seem amazing now in 2005 but I have seen lads of 13 - 15 being belted full force with a lochgelly in a classroom (generally 2 on each hand) then have to continue as normal in class.

I have seen lads take that in one secondary class then get it again in another class the same day, unusual yes, but not impossible as different techers in different subject areas did not communicate or keep records about punishments in schools I went to.

I recall one classmate who got 2 on each hand in Physics in the morning for messing about then got another similar dose from a PE teacher the same afternoon for having no kit or note from his parents. He was unlucky and having been belted was give some ill-fitting kit and had to do PE barefoot with the rest with throbbing hands. The 70's were quite testing times for some boys in Scotland. (Wonder if a note sent home from the school has more or less effect nowadays?)
Literatenewboy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:56 pm    Post subject: cp on hands or buttocks? Reply with quote

At both my Primary & Secondary schools in the 1950s cp was commonly used. At primary school it was normally only ever a swift slipper over a clothed backside; the cane reserved for more serious offences (bullying, stealing, cheating etc). This was carried out in the privacy of the headteacher's office and quite rare.
At secondary school things were much tougher! Again the slipper was the norm for most minor infringements but some masters frequently used the cane (or "stick" as we called it). Quite a few masters would offer the option of cp or lines, detentions etc. Almost invariably we chose the immediacy of slipper or stick rather than drag things out. (I think the masters also preferred this as it ended the matter there and then.) The slipper was always on the clothed bottom (except I remember when any boy was foolish enough to try to protect his backside by wearing extra layers , usually his PT shorts. Then he had to remove his gray school shorts and was slippered or caned over his underwear or PT shorts!) but, with the stick, it was almost always on the hands, however, a few boys (including myself) who were especially the artistic or musical, would sometimes ask for it on their bottoms. Most, but not all masters would oblige! (At that time all boys wore short trousers until the 4th or 5th year.)
I can only remember bared bottoms on very few occassions and then only in PT lessons when a boy had forgotten his kit and received a swift painful reminder not to do so again!.
On the whole we boys simply accepted the slipper and stick as normal part of school life. There was no malice on the part of the masters and, once punished the affair was normally completely forgotten.
There was only one master who we felt abused his authority. He was a deeply religious man who subscribed to the view that all boys were evil and had to have goodness beaten into them. His favourite trick was to come into our PT lessons when of course we only wore thin cotton shorts (absolute rule, no underwear). Fortunately (see below!) he always beat boys on their bottoms and had a reputation for giving the hardest canings of all.
My personal view about caning on the hands is that, if frequently carried out, it was highly likely to cause serious physical damage, even if this was not apparent at the time. The hand has many small bones and joints that, in a growing child, could easily be permanently damaged; showing possibly as severe arthritis in later years. The backside was much less liable to be caused any lasting damage. Also, the indignity of bending over, especially in front of your mates, added to the effectiveness!
It would be interesting to hear if others believe hand caning was actually physically harmeful or is there any medical evidence?
jiffyboy53

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have received some severe hand canings during school days, and in recent months and years, despite dislocating 4 fingers in my left hand (fell off a ladder in my garage 5 years ago) I honestly dont see the harm, Its been good to see quite a few comments recently on hand caning, I have noticed clips on this punishment, appearing on movie clips across websites for a first time. Most people find that hand caning is not such a turn on as backside, I like the song of a hand caning, a vertical thrashing.
Thrasher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:29 am    Post subject: Hands are inherently delicate Reply with quote

http://www.nospank.net/beek.htm

A physician speaks out about his patient's hand injuries resulting from corporal punishment at school
[Australia, May 1983]
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

Please be advised that Master Glen Hoult, age 12, presented to me at 5.30 p.m. on 21st April 1983, complaining of much pain, bruising, stiffness, tenderness and swelling to the finger tips of both hands.

Evidently he sustained trauma to both hands as the result of being struck with a narrow rod.

On examination the left hand showed evidence of a haematoma, swelling and "track marks" 1/2 cm wide to the palmar surface at the base of the middle and ring fingers, as well as "track marks" across the tips of the same fingers associated with haematoma formation.

The right hand showed evidence of bruising and "track marks" to both middle and ring fingers also associated with haematoma formation.

In both hands the affected fingers suffered from reduced mobility because of the swelling resulting from haematoma formation in the subcutaneous tissue.

In both hands fine touch sensation to the affected fingers was reduced.

In my opinion the injuries suffered are not inconsistent with having been struck by a not inconsiderable force some 8 hours prior to the consultation.

It is worth noting that the consequences of this form of paediatric physical violence can have various sequelae. There exists a whole range of orthopaedic complications ranging from fractures to dislocation of the terminal phalangeal joints leading to premature osteoarthritic changes, to risks of severe infections involving the fascial spaces of the hand. These risk are especially high if there exists any pre-existing undiagnosed subungual infections, and may subsequently prove difficult to manage.

There also exists a whole range of psychological sequelae ranging school phobias to induced "school resentment" leading to subsequent anti-social behaviour patterns, especially in a young child just 4 months into High School.

As a medical practitioner it saddens me that this young boy's parents found it necessary to seek medical attention for what I consider to have been an inappropriately inflicted trauma. There must be more educationally sound and more mature means of modifying the behaviour of a 12 year old child in 1983.

In my opinion the nature of these injuries constitutes a form of child abuse, as a consequence of which I am obliged at law to advise the Dept. of Youth and Community Services for further comments and possible remedial actions to safeguard the medical interest of my patient.

These lesions will most likely regress over the next four or five days, causing some writing impairment and possibly putting Glen at risk in urgent situations demanding manual dexterity. One can only speculate as to the psychological damage such trauma does to a 12 year old child.

Yours Sincerely,
[signed]
Dr J. J. H. Beek
B.Sc. (Hons)., M.Sc. (Physics) M.B., B.S.,
Cert F.P.A., Dip R.A.C.O.G.

+++++++++++++++++++++
Strictglasgow

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very interesting last post from an 'expert'.

I have every confidence what was said was accurate in terms of the case in point but one has to remember that the tawse was used extensivley on both primary and secondary school kids on hands for decades. I have seen lads with severely bruised hands as a result and most of that has more to do with the poor delivery of the implement than the punishment in itself. Wrists were frequently hit and that produces quite serious bruising.

Similarly the cane was used on hands in many English schools for many years and 1000's will have received the punishment with no real lasting injury.

For every activity there has been an extreme example of consequense and it is my consideration that the above is just such. As a punishment hand tawsing or caning is perhaps less appealing to many as it has no overtly sexual ingredient. Backsides being bared, in shorts and in general are an obvious area of interest for many and the punishment of that area is for many a pennance for other 'activities' in my experience.

Delivered properly and carefully I consider hand discipline one of the few real methods of CP that is both authentic, memorable and can be explored by anyone without any sexual aspect by either party.
Doctor J

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 4:53 am    Post subject: Physician-- Caning on Hand Improper! Reply with quote

As a Physician, I must totally disagree with those who claim that caning on hands is "safe" and "no one has been maimed" The HAND is the complex known macromachine in the universe (the cell is the most complex machine) and the effects of striking it may not be apparent immediately- - but manifest YEARS later as reductions in movement, coordination and sensitivity. We often see arthritis occuriing years after a physical injury to a joint.
"Never Smack a Child on the Hands or Face, for Nature has Provided a Better Place." That place is the BARE BUTTOCKS, the only safe and effective area for Child Punishment.

Regards, J. Sterns M.D. J.D.
("Doctor J")
Julius

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: Physician-- Caning on Hand Improper! Reply with quote

Doctor J wrote:
As a Physician, I must totally disagree with those who claim that caning on hands is "safe" and "no one has been maimed" The HAND is the complex known macromachine in the universe (the cell is the most complex machine) and the effects of striking it may not be apparent immediately- - but manifest YEARS later as reductions in movement, coordination and sensitivity. We often see arthritis occuriing years after a physical injury to a joint.
"Never Smack a Child on the Hands or Face, for Nature has Provided a Better Place." That place is the BARE BUTTOCKS, the only safe and effective area for Child Punishment.

Regards, J. Sterns M.D. J.D.
("Doctor J")

It is quite all right what you say "Never smack a child on hands or face" but is not belting on their shoulders as good as buttocks?
gary kane

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one thing about peing punished on the hands is that you look right into the eyes of the Punisher which I think is a pretty intense experience. You can see the effort and detemination (and lust) put into each stroke. He can see exactly how well or badly you are taking it. And it takes an iron will to hold your hand steady, seeing those strips of leather lashing down!

Personally I don't feel the same degree of satisfaction from a tawseing on the hands as being caned on my bottom. It hurts like hell and six hard ones is plenty for me thank you.

The cane on the hands is far too dangerous for me to contemplate.
Strictglasgow

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gary kane wrote:
The cane on the hands is far too dangerous for me to contemplate.

One wonders how 1000's of kids survived hand tawsings and canings in state schools daily until 1987. The authorities obvious thought that the sanction was far from 'far too dangerous'.

I bet there were some instances where bones were broken, wrists badly marked and viens burst, but in general the application of the tawse or the cane on hands was perfectly safe, painful and effective. This form of punishment does not appeal to many because it has little sexual interest (it does not involve backsides etc) but it remains an interest for purists who want to recreate authentic CP as it was actually delivered pre 1987.

I am often surprised by younger lads who desire this form of punishment even although they are too young to have seen or experienced it in school. Thank goodness for inquisitiveness......
Richard

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

During my schooling in the 50s and 60s I was lots of hand caning, but I only saw one that cut the boys hand and that was in primary school he only had the one whack, but there was a moon shaped cut on his ring finger near the palm, I will never forget it and how much it bled before having a plaster put on it.
Peterley

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: Tawse/Cane on Hand. Reply with quote

The only time I was caned on the hand was in Junior school from aged 8-11,being just after last war we had all lady teachers,each lady teacher had her own cane, sure you it was well used.
Normal was 1 whack or 2 whacks I had it several times 1 whack,it made me cry I never hit with a cane before, had the slipper at home on my bare bum.
Soon found could NOT watch the cane hit my hand,I would close my eyes as the cane came down.
It must have been in first year,a boy called out to front of class, told put your hand out, he thought he was a clever boy as the cane came down he took his hand away.
Very quickly teacher put both hands out or go to Head Master. He soon put both hands out,what do remember he cryed & screamed, sure the teacher hit him extra hard. I never saw another boy take his hand away.
Year or so later,I was caught talking in class,called out the front put my hand,closed my eyes, I was lucky the end of the cane just hit end of my little finger,I made out it hurt.
Then the lady teacher said put your hand out again,I said cane did hit my hand. Very quicky teacher said DON'T ANSWER ME BACK. Put both hands out which I did (knew it would better than sent to Head Master)
She hit both my hands across the tips of my finger,the pain was unbelievable.
Found lady teachers used the cane hard on the hands.
Had be aged 11 to be caned on the bum. Which soon found out at boarding school, normal CP 6 of cane over thin gym shorts.That was 10 times worse pain than being hit on the hand.
smartlad

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a "dramatised documentary" on German TV a few days ago about children's homes in West Germany in the 1950s and 1960s, in which a boy of about 16 was shown being beaten: he had to hold both hands out in front of him, next to each other at about chest height (elbows bent) but palms down, and was caned from the side across the backs of the hands (both at once). I wondered whether it was really done like this anywhere in practice, or whether it was a misunderstanding by the film-makers, all of whom were probably too young to have ever seen corporal punishment in real life.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Discipline Forum Index -> General Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: