British Discipline Forum Index British Discipline
M/M corporal punishment Discussion Board of www.british-discipline.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

School punishments with trousers down
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Discipline Forum Index -> General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mikado

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:19 pm    Post subject: School punishments with trousers down Reply with quote

As a state school boy of the 1970s/80s, the only caning I ever got (age 13) was administered on my fully clothed buttocks, bending over a tall stool with my bottom flat across the seat, my legs tapering down to the floor at one side, and the top half of my body draped down the front of the stool, affording an excellent view of the carpet in the Headmaster's study. This was the norm in our school, and in fact canings there were never given with a boy's trousers down.

It was only later, in the process of exploring my CP interest as an adult, that I discovered that it was the law that state school boys must be caned with their trousers in place. I was interested to know what the position was regarding slippering, though, as this seems unclear. At my primary school, slipperings were sometimes administered across just a boy's underpants if the Headmaster thought the occasion warrented it, and the same goes for classroom hand spankings from the other teachers.

Of people I have since spoken to who went to private schools say that in those places punishments were sometimes administered to bare backsides. How long did this go on for? Would this be a 50s/60s thing, or still in my day of the 70s/80s. Were bare bottoms ever punished in the 90s, when private schools could still beat their pupils even though state schools had been stopped from doing it? If not what did the recipients wear - just their underpants, or full clothing like in state schools?

Can anyone remember instances of trousers down canings happening in state schools where they were not supposed to happen?

Does anyone have any idea why this difference between what was allowed in state schools and privte schools existed? I have a theory that may be completely wrong, but it concerns the nature of underpants worn by boys decades ago when the rules were (probably) made. As briefs were only invented in the 1950s, and before then baggy "trunk" type things were worn, it may have been easier to get all these out of the way and have a good clear shot at the target - bare. In state schools however, before World War II there may have been a lot of poor families in certain areas who didn't bother buying underwear for their sons. They would therefore present a nice tight target bending over with their trousers on, and the cane would probably be just as effective.

Any comments?
BONNY

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to an independant school (long before most of you were at school, I suspect!) and bare bottom slippering by the headmaster was not uncommon, although it did not happen to me; I got the slipper only once and that was with trousers on, I was promised it would be trousers down next time! My best friend once got an OTK bare bottomed hand spanking in the sports field store shed for playing about with a throwing knife on the field!
colin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At my primary schoolthe slipper was sometimes given accross underpants and on very rare occaisions bare bottom(couple of time for me).
I only attended a state high school for ayear and the tawse was used but i never got it. But at boarding school which i went to for five years many slipperings were over underpants. The cane was over shorts / trousers but often underpants and a few times bare bottom,(only the head did that).A bare bottom caning is something i got about three times i think .
Bennett

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was at a state school in the 70s and the cane could only be administered across a clothed backside. This meant that when I was caned by the PE teacher, I had to put my trousers on first and then change back into my shorts for the remainder of the lesson. There were no such restrictions with the slipper however.
benedikz

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You were lucky,Bennett.At my prep school,61 years ago,there were no inhibitions on the part of the Head;trousers (short)n and pants went down when he (who alone administered cp) decided to pay you out for your mis behaviour.In 'adult'prep school at a later period I,as Head,had no inhibitions either- nor had my 'boys'.Dominie
Naughty nephew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:18 am    Post subject: CANING AT MY PRIMARY SCHOOL IN THE 70'S Reply with quote

I went to a catholic primary school in the 70's and bare arsed canings were rare but did happen, i got a bare arsed caning on three occasions, normally they happened in the headteachers office with the curtains drawn and a maximum of 8 strokes was the norm.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
a_of_k

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:26 pm    Post subject: Re: School punishments with trousers down Reply with quote

Smacked until red wrote:

It was only later, in the process of exploring my CP interest as an adult, that I discovered that it was the law that state school boys must be caned with their trousers in place.

Can you cite a source for this? That is which particular law kept the trousers up when the cane came down? The 1944 Act seems a likely candidate but it might have been earlier or later. There was probably a time when there was no law preventing trousers coming down, or off, for the cane. Also, an English law would not have applied to Scottish schools. I wonder if this might have been responsible for the strange, to me, practice of caning on the hands, which I tend to associate more with state schools.
naturalman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: School punishments with trousers down Reply with quote

a_of_k wrote:
Can you cite a source for this? That is which particular law kept the trousers up when the cane came down? The 1944 Act seems a likely candidate but it might have been earlier or later. There was probably a time when there was no law preventing trousers coming down, or off, for the cane. Also, an English law would not have applied to Scottish schools. I wonder if this might have been responsible for the strange, to me, practice of caning on the hands, which I tend to associate more with state schools.

OK - seriously, the rules on this differed from place to place, and while there may have been a law in the UK that said this, I've never actually seen one.

I've got a really interesting book here at the moment.

It's called A Survey of Rewards and Punishments in Schools and was a 1952 report of the National Foundation for Educational Research in England and Wales.

Basically, what happened in 1947, an MP made a speech concerning corporal punishment in schools in the House of Commons, and when the Ministry of Education tried to answer some questions raised about how corporal punishment was being used in state schools, they discovered that they actually didn't have much information on this. The Ministry of Education didn't know what was going on in state schools across Britain and what rules applied across Britain.

There was only one national regulation relating to corporal punishment in state schools - and that was a requirement for all incidents to be recorded in a punishment book. Besides that one regulation (from 1900) which wasn't always followed, controls were left entirely up to local education authorities - and there were 144 of those across England and Wales.

So the Ministry commissioned a study to find out what was actually going on.

The whole report is over 400 pages long and looks at a lot of different things - but what is interesting here is what regulations existed governing clothing and corporal punishment.

There's a long section of the report that looks at lots of different potential regulations and how many LEAs had a regulation matching that particular potential regulation.

10 LEAs required corporal punishment to be administered only on the hands, leaving 134 where it could be inflicted on the buttocks.

Only one LEA specifically banned the use of the cane on the bare bottom (it banned its use on any bare flesh except the hand)

This doesn't mean it happened in other LEAs - but in 133 out of 144, there was no law or official regulation to prevent it in 1950.

If there was a law, it came after that.
snikcnej

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like Naturalman has access to some interesting documents, perhaps we will learn more in due course. :)

During the early years of my secondary education I attended two schools which used the cane, although one of these used it a lot more frequently than the other. Although I did not get first hand experience I am pretty sure it was always applied to the buttocks over 'normal clothing', if it had been any other way I would have known about that through playground chat.

I aquired a bit of an interest in cp while still a schoolboy and if I ever came accross a mention of cp when reading my Dad's paper it would stick in my memory. One newspaper article from sometime in the '60s which I do recall was a report on the case of a headmaster, I think from some religeon biassed school, who was found to make a practice of instructing his boys to change into thin gym shorts befor reporting to his office at the end of school hours in order to be caned. The article reported that the headmasters career was terminated as a result of this. I think the article referred to some rule that caning must be applied over 'normal clothing' and with a cane of not more than some specified diameter which I think was 3/8". However I cannot be sure whether this was referred to as a law of the land, an LEA regulation or some other form of regulation. Does anyone remember that article or similar articles during that period? The fact that such an article was published does suggest to me that it was certainly abnormal for a 'formal' caning to be given bare in state schools and that to give such a caning would be to risk trouble with parents. However, I know that slipperings were given under much less formalised circumstances and often by gym teachers. Even in the fairly tame schools I attended, if a slippering was given during a gym lesson and the boy was in gym kit he would get it over his shorts. I also recall one occasion of a semi-playful slap given to a bare bottomed boy by our gymteacher in the changing room and I dare say some gymteachers throughout the land might well have taken this kind of thing a lot further than our one did - it was certainly never recorded in any formal punishment book.

Incidentally, I dont think the 'rules' were sparing schoolboys from much by limiting the diameter of the cane to 3/8", if that was the official size. One or two my consensual experiences in more recent years have indicated that a good springy cane of that thickness, aimed carefully and flicked sharply down by a practiced hand, is just the job for rounding off a memorable cp session by extracting a few loud and involuntary yelps of pain from me. I have never had cp often enough to become much 'hardened' to it, so I dont think I need the weight of the heavier canes some people use and 3/8" is flexible enough to curl round and really hurt both my cheeks but not so flexible that the tip bites in excessively causing extreme bruising or bleeding. However, I dont claim to be an expert, what do others think?
finn

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:42 am    Post subject: At school Reply with quote

Although I was punished outside school thankfully I never got it in school. However many boys (and I went to a boys school) were spanked by our games master who definately seemed to prefer the boys shorts round his ankles. He was good at the embarrasment factor. Making a play of the whole thing till the unfortunate lad had to strip off and get a tanned arse. He was always reluctant to give a lads shorts back. You can have these later hed say with a smirk leaving the lad to show us his red backside and private parts for the rest of the gym lesson, even on the sports field. There was one lad - shy and redhaired with, it has to be said, a large cock- who was spanked and left short-less many times. I tried to contact him through Friends Reunited to see if his dominant memory of school was the same as mine but not luck!
tel

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to an independent school and during the first year, which was 1960, the slipper was given on top of the shorts in front of the class. From the second year onwards the cane was used but in private. I was aged 13 when I was caned for the first time but it was on top of the trousers. The following year I had a new housemaster who had a reputation for being very strict with the cane. It wasn't long before I was told to report to his private flat near the school at 4pm. I was a very naive shy boy and didn't talk to anyone about it beforehand so I didn't know what to expect. I remember wondering if the cane would be given on the bare because of his reputation. I was so nervous when the time came that I really considered running away from school and my mind was very confused about doing the right thing.
When the time came, I made my way to his door and he invited me in, offering me a cup of tea, and we sat down and chatted about my school work. He was so nice and caring that I thought I was going to be let off with a warning and not get the cane after all. After we had finished our tea, he reminded me what I was there for and there was no alternative but to give me a good caning. He collected the tea cups on a tray to take to the kitchen and told me that when he returned he wanted me in position over the end of the writing desk. He told me to prepare myself for the cane by removing my trousers, as it was not unknown for boys to wear some extra padding. I was so nervous at this point that I assumed that he meant for me to remove my underpants as well and the caning was indeed going to be on the bare as I had first thought. When he returned I was in position and he lifted my shirt out of the way which obviously revealed my bare bottom. He asked me why I had removed my underpants as well as my trousers, and I replied that I thought that was what he meant. He told me they wouldn't make any difference and as I was in position then he would cane me like that and it would be six strokes. I cannot describe the shock of the pain but it left me in tears and very distressed.
When I had recovered enought to talk he explained that although it was a painful experience it was necessary to maintain discipline in the school and it was the most effective way. I remember him asking me if I would tell my parents to which I said definitely not and he also asked me if my friends knew I was going to be caned. I told him I didn't want anyone to know and was very embarrassed about the whole incident. Although it was a long time ago the memory of this caning is still very real to me as if it happened recently.
When I think about it, I wonder if the caning he gave me was outside the guidlines of the Education Authority and that was why he asked me if I was going to tell my parents and friends. Although there were no rumours in the school that he was gay, he did live alone and would have been aged between forty and fifty. Perhaps the sight of a fourteen year old's slim bare legs and bottom was a dream come true for him and he couldn't resist the opportunity to give a bare bottom caning or perhaps he had done it before. I do know that at the time there was no sexual arousal for me and it was a very painful experience which I didn't want repeating.
There has been mention of respect for school teachers in other threads and, although I received a very painful caning, I did have respect for him and actually liked him. He went out of his way to speak to me the next day, and I felt he was more approachable from then onwards. He was strict but also caring and not the ogre that his reputation had me first believe. Unfortunately for me that, although I was a good scholar, I did break the rules a bit and had to report to his flat several more times while he was my housemaster.
lad4strap

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:05 am    Post subject: bare spanking at school Reply with quote

Not exactly a bare school punishment, but at 15, in 1983, on one occasion when my dad was called to my school because of my bad behaviour (i swore at a teacher), after he had discussed my behaviour with the headmaster, he put me over his knee in the head's office, yanked down my trousers and pants, and tanned my bare bum in front of the head, and my form tutor, mr. dunn. hugely embarrassing, particularly when i saw the smirk on mr. dunn's face. i was expecting the belt once we got back home, but on that occasion i was let off. i assume dad thought i had undergone enough humiliation for one day.
chair

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:01 pm    Post subject: td Reply with quote

Yes they often came down at prep school
testing

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject: Re: td Reply with quote

chair wrote:
Yes they often came down at prep school

They certainly came down at my public school in the 1950's.

Of the many times I was caned only once was I allowed to keep my trousers on and I was then wearing very thin pyjamas. Virtually bare then.

It seemd to be the accepted thing. I suppose that being able to see the marks makes it possible to aim more precisely. That seemed to be case at my last proper caning. Eight , on the bare , from the Head. very tightly placed and all on the sulcus. Not an experince I should care to repeat!
Marton

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:45 am    Post subject: Re: td Reply with quote

Last edited by Marton on Sun May 21, 2006 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Discipline Forum Index -> General Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: