British Discipline Forum Index British Discipline
M/M corporal punishment Discussion Board of www.british-discipline.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

School punishments with trousers down
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Discipline Forum Index -> General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NigelMolesworth

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chair wrote:
Yes they often came down at prep school

That never happens at my skool ...

Well hardly ever - Laughing

Molesworth
davel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It happened at mine not often but enough and to me !
kev

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:24 am    Post subject: School punishments with trousers down Reply with quote

I went to a minor public school. Normal regular punishment was with a slipper over the trousers. The gym master used to wait until you were going into the showers ~ naked ~ and slipper you. Waiting in line for this and watching the others before you was something else. For other punishment you were sent to the "upper staff room". Usually told to report in gym kit ~ shorts and jock ~ and then it seemed to depend on the mood of the master whether you kept your kit on or not. I think this stopped in the late 60's.
Thrasher

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:31 am    Post subject: A related poll Reply with quote

http://www.british-discipline.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=855&highlight=
davel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: School punishments with trousers down Reply with quote

kev wrote:
I went to a minor public school. Normal regular punishment was with a slipper over the trousers. The gym master used to wait until you were going into the showers ~ naked ~ and slipper you. Waiting in line for this and watching the others before you was something else. For other punishment you were sent to the "upper staff room". Usually told to report in gym kit ~ shorts and jock ~ and then it seemed to depend on the mood of the master whether you kept your kit on or not. I think this stopped in the late 60's.
Cant comment on when the second half stopped but naked after a shower was still going on well into the 70's , i know this because it was our games teachers preferred method as i well remember !
chris_602b

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At my prep school we were almost always caned over our shorts (long trousers for sixth formers) and underwear, but on one occasion at least a boy was very severely caned on the bare buttocks (for drawing a mildly obscene cartoon of one of the masters, not the one who did the caning). He received eight strokes, some of which drew blood. He was sent to the matron to have the cuts treated with antiseptic. I was in the same dormitory and saw him when he came back from the matron and showed us his wounded backside. It was a horrific sight. He was 13.

chris
schoolboy_rog

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris_602b wrote:
but on one occasion at least a boy was very severely caned on the bare buttocks (for drawing a mildly obscene cartoon of one of the masters, not the one who did the caning). He received eight strokes, some of which drew blood. .......and showed us his wounded backside. It was a horrific sight. He was 13.

chris

And people wonder why so many are gainst corporal punishment.

A caning severe enough to draw blood may well be acceptable between consenting adults (it doesn't float my boat but I don't see why others shouldn't so indulge) but for a 13 year old? That's assault, ABH - simple as that and quite sickening. This from from adults entrusted with the education and upbringing of children - disgraceful.

kind regards
schoolboy_rog

I know my place. It's bending over a school desk being caned.
Cane, cane and, yep, thrice times cane - please Sir!
demoncodger

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite right schoolboy_rog.

No consolation to the victim in this case but such behaviour towards a minor today would inevitably mean a lengthy prison sentence and rightly so.

I often think about some of the masters who wielded the cane in my time at school. They seemed the height of respectability then but I just wonder how they would have looked in a prison cell which is where their actions would have landed them now!
Ricky

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The headmaster at my prep school was a bit of a sadist-"a chap has to have some exercise"

He caned me at the end of my last term, as a going away present, 4 strokes through the seat of my trousers, and another 4 strokes on my bare arse.

Later at my public school, and again in the last term, I had the choice of expulsion or the birch. This was during my A levels, so it was game, set and match. The 12 strokes were delivered with great gusto to my bare backside.
demoncodger

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ricky wrote:
The headmaster at my prep school was a bit of a sadist-"a chap has to have some exercise"

He caned me at the end of my last term, as a going away present, 4 strokes through the seat of my trousers, and another 4 strokes on my bare arse.

Later at my public school, and again in the last term, I had the choice of expulsion or the birch. This was during my A levels, so it was game, set and match. The 12 strokes were delivered with great gusto to my bare backside.

I see the places listed under your 'location,' Ricky, are somewhat varied so I was wondering whether you were at school in the UK or perhaps elsewhere. I say that as I believe the use of the birch was limited to perhaps only one public school (ie Eton) in earlyish post war days, unless of course we are talking about much earlier times.
Ricky

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Demon I am not that old. The birch was used quite alot at King Williams College in the Isle of Man in the 50s and 60s.

Remember the island judiciary were also sentencing youths to that form of punishment.
BONNY

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ricky wrote:

Remember the island judiciary were also sentencing youths to that form of punishment.

The subject of the IOM birchings is often raised on cp forums and sites, but very little is ever written about the Channel Islands. Birching as a judicial punishment was quite common in Jersey at one time.
Peterley

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:34 am    Post subject: School punishments with trousers down Reply with quote

My boarding school in southern england it was normal to have our pyjamas down,when caned in the dorms,2-3 whacks being often.
If lazy or not playing sport.then when you had shower after sports orPE had finished, when you came out the shower room our Sports Master would often stand behind the door,with a slipper in his hand,say bend over be given several whacks on the bare bum often me several others waiting for aVERY sore wet bum.
But when we had 6 of the best from our House Master in his study.we always had to change from school uniform into thin pair of skimpy gym shorts,no pants,soon bent over the whacking trestle, I found that it worse
type of whacking at that school.
Frankie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not quite sure why Peterley has decided to revive this thread after five years (though I might guess!), but it addresses something which nowadays is greeted with blank disbelief: that a boy should have to bare his bottom for punishment.

I was at a grammar school in the North, leaving 1960. The cane was not used very often (certainly not nearly so often as two other local grammar schools that friends attended). It's difficult to be precise, but I reckon a boy in my form (there were four of these in each year group) was caned about once a fortnight in normal circumstances. Scaling up in proportion that would mean ten canings per week in the school. These were given by housemasters, with trousers (and pants) up, four to six strokes, firmly laid on, which left marks for some days. They hurt!

(I'm leaving out of the count one Latin master who used to cane in class after giving us a test, because though they were given in front of the whole form, bent across the desk, they were really jokey, and didn't hurt much (and weren't meant to) and were simply an indication that one needed to try harder. They worked because 15-16 year olds felt embarrassed at having to bend over in front of everyone else to get a few flicks across his bum which made him feel silly and not at all heroic, unlike a housemaster's tanning.)

The bare bottom punishments were of two kinds:

in games/gym lessons, when we wore shorts without pants under, and were not only for misbehaviour of various sorts, but also for being last: "Last boy changed and onto the gym" "last boy into/out of the shower" etc. They were public slipperings, usually one or two, dependent upon age, but always with shorts down, ie bare bum, unless already naked (last out of the shower: Ouch! on tender wet skin).

Headmaster's canings. These were rare, perhaps not more than 10 per year, for only the most serious offences, usually older boys, including occasionally the 6th form, and were administered not by the Head but by the games masters, in the gym, invariably on bare buttocks, six or eight strokes which left marks for a fortnight. Tears were normal, and they were a real deterrent: we dreaded a Head's caning, and most of us never got one.

Friends at other grammar schools reported fairly similar custom, though canings seemed to be more frequent.

I also had two friends who had gone on to (different) public schools. Both of them reported bare-bottom canings, by housemasters. One said that all canings at his (Yorkshire) school were bare-bottom, at all ages, including not infrequently the sixth form. The cane seemed to be almost the only punishment used at that school, so striped buttocks, according to him, were an everyday occurrence.

My first-ever caning on the buttocks was at primary school, aged 10. That was given by the Head, three strokes, and on the bare bottom. Whether this was normal or not, I don't know. I was used to baring my bottom for the slipper at home, so didn't think it odd to be told "Take your trousers down!" and was too ashamed to discuss it with friends afterwards.

But try to get a younger person to believe any of this, and you're likely to be labelled a fantasist. Of course, nowadays, boys don't even shower together after sport, and hardly ever see each other naked. Such was the result of the 1960s sexual liberation phenomenon.
Strictglasgow

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have read with interest some of the accounts of bare canings and slipperings and have no doubt they happened in schools in England, probably mostly in boarding and private schools up until CP was abolished.

I can't imagine state schools being involved in this practice unless in private in a housemaster or headmasters office and even then I would consider that questionable. Even in the 60's 70's and 80's there were very clear rules about corporal punishments but I suspect some deviants involved in the education sector exploited their authority as court cases recently have exposed.

In Scotland the tawse in state schools was applied to the hands of pupils in schools and nobody should have any doubt about anything further being normal or common. In approved schools the tawse was applied to hands and clothed backsides and up until 1947 it was used on bare backsides as judicial punishment of juvinilles as an alternative to birching.

Within the period 60's to 80's outwith private and some religious operated schools it was probably very rare and most likely unlawful to make minors undress for the application of corporal punishment. It is important to try and separate fantasy from reality regardless of the passion some have for the subject matter.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Discipline Forum Index -> General Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: